INTRODUCING THIS EXCITING ENRICHMENT
Our Pre-Medical Programme has gone from strength to strength over the last few years with a record number of students progressing onto study Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Science.
The programme aims to ensure students are well advised about all aspects of their future career and receive the guidance and support needed to make a competitive application.
You will have the opportunity to study:
- Different Universities that offer MDV programmes of study
- Different specialist careers in Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Science
- Skills of a good Doctor, Dentist and Vet – and how you can develop these skills
- Ethical principles and application of these in case studies
- You will also be able to engage with the following activities:
- Support applying for University outreach programmes such as Pathways and Discover
- Regular talks by professionals such as a Plastic Surgeon, Junior Doctor, Biomedical Scientist, various University admissions teams, current Veterinary, Medical and Dental students.
- A trip to Hull York Medical School for a tour and taster session in Problem Based Learning
- A trip to Yorkshire Wildlife Park for a workshop on veterinary care
- A surgical skills workshop at Castle Hill Hospital
- Support with University admissions tests (UCAT and BMAT)
- Support with Veterinary SAQ’s
- Support in completing a competitive and successful application
HOW OFTEN DOES THIS TAKE PLACE?
This enrichment takes place over 1 lunchtime per week.
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF IT?
You will receive bespoke support with UCAS application to medical, dental and veterinary science degrees. You will also gain support with preparing for university admissions tests. There will be external speakers and trips to gain insight into MDV careers.
IS THERE A COST OR ANY REQUIRED RESOURCES?
This enrichment is free.
Sadie Sorensen, firstname.lastname@example.org or you can follow @wykescience on Instagram.