We believe that the education and success of your child is rooted in the effective collaboration and partnership between college and home.
To this end, we have created a Home/College Charter, to set out our promises to each other in supporting our students to be the very best versions of themselves and providing them with every opportunity to be successful young people.
aS A COLLEGE WE WILL:
- Provide a safe, caring and thriving learning environment that is stimulating and focussed.
- Ensure that every student receives high quality teaching across the academic year and is supported to reach their full potential.
- Keep you informed about your child's progress, attendance and engagement, along with college events.
- Treat all students, parents/carers and staff with respect.
- Offer enrichments and extra-curricular activities that will develop your child's opportunities and experiences outside of the curriculum.
- Endeavour to respond to any parent/carer query within two working days.
- Provide academic and pastoral support to ensure your child is ready for the world.
aS A parent/carer/ i/ WE WILL:
- Ensure that my child attends every lesson, tutorial and support session, on time and is equipped and ready to learn.
- Encourage my child to work hard and support them to complete directed independent learning at home that will help them achieve their potential.
- Attend meetings, discussions and consultation evenings about my child's progress.
- Make sure that time is not taken out of college unless it is urgent.
- Always communicate with staff in a respectful and appropriate manner.
- Encourage my child to embrace the "Wyke Experience" and engage in enrichments where possible.
- Understand that the College is not a place of distance learning and will have certain limitations regarding the extent of the support it can offer.
- Encourage my child to conduct themselves in a mutually respectful, tolerant and caring manner.