College ValuesNews & Announcements Educational ExcellenceCampus & FacilitiesSenior Leadership TeamCollege CorporationStaff Vacancies
The college is currently organising a range of trips as part of the Government’s Turing Scheme, which is the UK’s global programme to support students to study and work abroad.
Due to Wyke’s successful application to this grant scheme, we have gained substantial funding to support a selection of our students to go on a series of two-week residential trips abroad with the aim of gaining valuable work experience; starting with the subject areas of 26 students from Dance, Drama, Performing Arts and Music travelling to Valencia in May 2023, and 52 students from PE and Sport travelling to Malta in July 2023.
These are set to be life-changing experiences; not only will it support students in their chosen next steps beyond Wyke by greatly enhancing their CV with international work experience, but the core principles of the programme are to develop a range of personal development skills and a gain a better understanding of different cultures to facilitate students to ‘level up’ and progress into positive destinations after Wyke.
The main aim of the trips are for students to engage in work experience relevant to their chosen career paths. Those successfully selected for the trip have created a CV with the support of staff which will outline areas of interest for work experience placements whilst in Valencia.
The travel company have then used this information to organise suitable work experience placements and workshops in the destination of choice.
Alongside this, the itinerary for Valencia will contain a variety of social and cultural leisure activities within the country which include:
· Day trip to Barcelona
· Evening Performance
· Guided tour in old town of Valencia
· Flamenco evening with local musicians anddancers
· Visit to Ocenaografico; the largest aquarium inEurope
· Visit to Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias(science and art museum) including I-Max theatre experience
· Stroll around the Turia Park
· Visit at Biopark (“zooimmersion” experience) andAlbufera Park
· Free time on the beach
· Free time exploring the city centre of Valenciaand shopping
· Workshop with local Spanish language school andstudents
· Salsa workshop
· Evening tasting of local Spanish food
· Urban art tour and Graffiti